BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

21 January 2010

Global Climate Update From My Neighborhood...

I understand that in the world of climate science doublespeak "global warming" can mean many things.  I know that "global" can also mean "local" or "regional".  I know that "warming" can also mean cooling.  I know it can result in more rainfall or less rainfall.  I know that it can lead to desertification or expansion of jungles.  I know that it can contribute to mass extinction and the discovery of new species.  I know it can have an adverse or a positive effect on physical and mental health of human beings.  I know that it can even contribute to more severe or milder reactions to certain stimuli.

Having acknowledged that, let me tell you what global warming is doing to us today.  In the high desert we had 6" of snowfall followed up by at least 3" of rain.  Temperatures are below normal - about 12 degrees low, as a matter of fact.  And by morning we will have at least 6 more inches of snow with temperatures a full 20 degrees below normal. 

I feel like Sid the Sloth, from the movie "Ice Age" when he said, "You know what I could really go for?  Global warming!"

1 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

hahaha! YOu make me laugh John! Thanks for starting my day off right, with a good laugh! Have a great day!